You might be in the mood to organize an intimate get-together but something is stopping you: While it is good to see familiar faces, you might be thinking that it’s still unsafe to let people inside your home.
This CNN article explained that being more safe means being outside is better than being inside. Staying six feet apart is better than being closer.
With all that said, you need a party venue that won’t make your home a vulnerable place and is big enough for social distancing. You don’t have to go far: Your lovely garage will do!
The garage is the ideal party place because it is an open and extended part of your home. It is also spacious enough for people to go around without being too close. It’s convenient, safe, and even cost-effective.
Doing the fun part
You don’t have to hire a party planner for this one! All you need is a little help from your friends or loved ones so you can decorate the space to get your garage party going. Here are some tips and tricks that you might find helpful:
- Clean up your garage —Before sprucing up your garage, make sure that you remove dirt and clutter first. Sweep every nook and cranny — nobody wants to see cobwebs! Place boxes and other items on your overhead garage or wall shelves. Lastly, don’t forget to disinfect your space!
- Decorate your garage walls — If you don’t want to touch your existing garage wall color, you can just add drapings or standees that match your theme.
- Add the decors —It’s time to make the place festive! If you want to go boho, bring out those macrame decors and hang on your overhead garage racks. Go for a full-on rustic party with upcycled ladders and cabinets for lamps and decors. Have fun!
Arrange the tables and chairs in a way that will reinforce social distancing. There must be a lot of room to walk in so that there will be a clear path to the door. Designate a serving area for all your snacks and drinks.
- Hang speakers on the garage corners —But don’t overdo it. Be mindful of your neighbors who might be distracted with loud party sounds. You can also inform them ahead of time, just to be on the safe side.
- Install a roll-up screen — You can invest in a garage door screen not just for the party but also for airing out your garage. Look for one that has a door so that you and your guests can easily walk through in case your party gets bigger and rolls out to the yard or driveway.
Go ahead and have fun!
Just plan accordingly so you can make your garage party one for the books. The best part is you can dress up your garage any way you like and you don’t have to worry about making a mess in your home.