Tips to Clean the Garage Fast
June 28, 2022
We all have that one excuse for not cleaning–we have no time. We are already busy with our lives as it is. May it be with our careers, our lives as homemakers and keepers, or any miscellaneous stuff that eats our time. So, where does cleaning fit in our schedule then? However busy we are with our everyday lives, we should set a time to ensure that we keep our garage organized and clean. You do not need to tidy things up all in one go. It could be 10 minutes a day, an hour per day on weekends, or whatever fits your schedule. Staying on top of the garage cleaning will yield good results if you do it consistently. This way, you would less likely feel burdened when you see your garage starting to pile up junk again and would be needing another round of overhauling. If you have a system of cleaning the right way, then your job would be a lot tad easier. And, if you can imbibe it in your system, then cleaning would be a breeze. It will no longer feel like a task that is hard to accomplish.
Easy ways to clean the garageOnce clutter piles up, it could get out of hand easily. And too fast that you would not be able to keep up. So to prevent this from happening, here is a list to manage the clutter in your garage.
- When you use a tool or take out an item from its storage, return it in its proper place immediately. Make it a habit to never leave it in the area where you used it, instead, exert effort to bring it back where you got it.
- Also teach your children to do the same when they use anything they got from the garage. Start them young.
- Spare at least 15 minutes to sweep the garage floor every week.
- Have a dedicated area for your trash cans and recycling bins. And keep them clean and organized. By having trash cans and recycling bins in the garage, you ensure that all the stuff that needs to be thrown away will be placed in these bins instead of parking them anywhere else in the garage.
- Do a semi-annual thorough cleaning in your garage. Go over all the items one by one and decide whether you are still going to keep and store them or is it time to donate or throw them away. The rule of thumb is to let it go if you have not touched it for a year.
- Another thing to be aware of is if you cannot walk comfortably through the garage, then most likely that your space is not organized and clean. If so, look into reliable and durable storage systems that are off the floor so you will have more space to move around.